Saturday, April 18, 2015

Psalms 46:10

God is our refuge and strength—He dwells in His city, does marvelous things, and says, Be still and know that I am God.


So this week was an interesting week. The week of vacations here in mexico so it was near impossible to find people so teaching was really hard. We ended up only finding one investigator this week. She is an all star though and was a person we haven't talked to in awhile. She has cancer but one of the biggest testimony and faith that I have seen.

I forgot my journal this week sad day I'm so sorry. We had an opportunity to do service this week and that was really cool! I have some good news I have pictures today! Are you excited? I am! haha It took me a half hour of fighting with the computer but we have success!

I would love to hear from you all feel free to write me I promise I will do my best to get back to you some times its hard. This week I have been studying patience and humility in the work because these are attributes of the Savior. I love the time that I get to study on a mission its so great.

So the food here I don't know that I have told you all this but its so good! So different but so great luckily the members are amazing about understanding this gringo can't handle the hot stuff so they dim it down for me but its a process i am actually developing a taste for it! Also we don't really take time for dinner we just have a giant lunch and then work until we go home at night!

The other elders in our ward had a baptism two actually but it was because these members didn't have there records in order it was the strangest thing but so cool for them.

We had a lot of success visiting members and less actives and you can see the difference in the church. Its just hard because its the kind of things that don't actually get counted in our reports. We also had a lady in the ward pass away which was really sad but it really showed that people handle grief the same everywhere in the world, lots of food and family.

I want to share with you all my testimony about the  Book of Mormon because I cant even begin to tell you how powerful this book is and how it came to be. This book is for our day and it was written for each and everyone of us we just need to pick it up and we will find the answers of our soul. I really like how Jacob puts it in chapter 4 verses 6 though 10. The final verse really speaks to me "take counsel of my hands" we have in our hands the words that created this earth and us and everything! often we pass right by them and don't read them that's so sad to me!! I love you all so I will be very clear READ THE BOOK!

Elder Packham

Here are some pictures:





No comments:

Post a Comment