Saturday, April 11, 2015

I love you all!!!

So here in mexico they have this thing called semana santa which is very different. The people here do these representations of the crucifixions of Christ. We weren't really affected but other missions have to stay inside all kinds of other stuff. This week was amazing in a different way it was really hard to find people because of vacations and other things but we still taught a lot of members and stuff.

One thing you wont ever have to worry about mom is that I'll starve people here just give us food and lots of it. Every time we enter a house we get something depending on the mood. Most of the time its a lot of food haha. Lucky we walk everywhere so everything that i do eat doesn't stick around long thanks to the heat. My companion is always in a long sleeve shirt and hes always saying its hot but it doesn't phase him to much.

Have I told you all about my companion? Hes 24 and serving a mission hardly 2 hours from your home! He could take a taxi home but hes serving. He has a degree and worked as an administrator in a school to save for his mission. The guy is so humble and really knowledgeable about the scriptures.

This week was conference and that was so crazy! We had two zones in the stake center and the assistants to the president are in my district so they were there too. We all pitched in and had a feast of little ceasars pizza and soda it was a little hard because we didn't get much work done but it was nice to be around a bunch of missionaries and a little hard because we talked in English a lot and the switch was a little hard. We watched conference in English also so that was so nice! I use the word watch very liberally because the picture was terrible and if you had epilepsy you would have probably been in trouble.

I would encourage everyone to watch the talk by Elder Wilford W Anderson it was truly amazing. Hear the music of the gospel I implore you it will enrich your life beyond anything that you can imagine. The dance of living with the gospel my be complicated and require a lot of sacrifice but the music when your truly feel it in your soul is incredible!

I love you all! In my studies this week I found some verses I really like in the Book of Mormon about the connection between faith and hope I would encourage you all to read them! Moroni 7: 40-43

Love,
Elder Packham

Below is a video link to the conference talk that Elder Packham referenced.

Elder Wilford W. Anderson
The Music of the Gospel

Elder Packham spoke briefly about faith and hope and the scriptures in Moroni. Faith is such an important part of my life and who I am.  It is the basis of all that I am.  As I update the blog I am currently at Time Out for Women in Kansas City.  Jenny Oaks Baker said something last night about faith that I really appreciated.  She said that when her mother was ill with cancer she felt that if she had enough faith, her mother would be healed.  She wanted to have that kind of faith.  Well, her father Elder Dallin H Oaks gave her great counsel on faith.  He said that true faith is turning our will over to the Lord's.  It is believing that 'He's got this' and that no matter what, all will be well. Here is the thing I know, Faith is a choice. Faith brings peace.... of this, I have no doubt.

Bishop Richard C. Edgley
Faith - the Choice Is Yours


No comments:

Post a Comment