Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Transfers!


July 20th

So this week was transfer and it finally happened I will be the one changing this week. The surprising thing is that it won’t just be me but it will be my companion as well. I will be headed to the Culmena and he will be going to Valle Dorado. We both are really sad because we love this area so much the people here are incredible I hope that I will continue to love every area like I love this one. Ohh by the way we had another baptism this week. This family is so amazing and I hope that I don’t lose contact with them we have had so many great moments together spiritual, ridiculous, and sometimes awkward.

I have been learning a lot about real love this week and my entire mission really. I have learned what it means to really love the people that you are serving. With my companion this transfer we have had so many chances to serve-both planned and unplanned. It’s really true what it says in Preach My Gospel that people don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. The days are hard and long but every single one of them is worth it.

My companion and I were talking the other night and we had an interesting thought. Does heavenly father have faith in us? I think that he has more than just faith in us because he knows us perfectly he sees us as a whole person. He knows what we were before and knows what we are going to be. So why does he let us make mistakes why does he let things happen to help us grow, because he loves us perfectly. Its so simple but so profound it just hit me like a ton of brick the love of god for me. There is a peace that we can find that is stronger than anything in the world. John 14:27

I want to challenge all of you to pray for a way that you can serve others. The best and quickest way to feel the love and peace of God is to serve your fellow man. I have been filled with this love on my mission but you don’t have to be serving a full time mission to serve God and your fellow man. In the world today Satan tries to attack us by placing us in our own little bubble where we don’t have time for others or our own relationship with God. POP THAT BUBBLE! Go out and serve someone and you will change your perspective and it doesn’t even have to be that big of service.

I love you all!
Elder Packham

 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment