Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Open Hearts!!!!

So this week was a week of work and man was it fulfilling. We did great with all of our goals and we had a blast laughing and teaching. When we are walking and laughing its so much easier to talk to people because they can see that light that is in us. I know that this message changes lives for the better I see it in the lives of the people here. The people that the lord prepared and we were able to baptize have changed in amazing ways.

This week was hard. I know that I have so many things to change and so many weaknesses. One of the hardest things that I have found on the mission is finding the things that I have to change and the talents and abilities that I have to grow on the mission. I feel so imperfect sometimes and I don't know why the Lord would chose someone like me to come here to share this message at this time. I know that there are so many people smarter, better in the language, and more in-tune with the spirit but he chose me. I was reading old issues of the Liahona that we have in our apartment and I came across one that really made my day.

The spiritual thought that I have this week is about this Liahona. The story is about a jade lettuce in Taiwan and how this applies to our lives. So basically the price of jade is dependent on the purity of it but this piece of jade is different because one master carver decided to take a chance on this piece. Sometimes I feel like this is me I have a lot of faults and flaws but I was chosen to be worked on. I know that I can become perfect in my imperfections through the Lord.

I love you all so much I would encourage you all to read 2 Nephi 10: 23-25.

Love,
Elder Packham



Mayan Spa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment