Sunday, June 21, 2015

Cambios!!!! (Transfers!!!)

June 8th

So this week is the first real change in the mission and I will be having a new companion. His name is Elder Hemenez and that is all that I know about him. I'm hoping that he will be able to help me learn a lot like my old companion. Ohh I know that he has 18 months in the mission as well so he has a lot of experience.

Cool story about this week with an investigator! We have had this investigator Juan and he is a welder and works in construction so you could say that I know a little about that so we had the chance to serve him. So hes building his house and we offered to helped and the miracle is that he said that we could help him! So these are the pictures of our service and you could say that it was so fun and so dirty. I mean the job is throwing concrete and then flattening it out a bit. It was a lot of fun I hope my family is proud!

So this week I have continued to study faith and tried to apply it to myself and what I need to change in my life. I have learned that faith is so many things and that if people say they have faith without acting they have the words that they said and that's about it. I recognize that its a miracle when people grow there testimony its a miracle when an investigator receives a revelation and a desire to be baptized. People here look for big miracles but I know that miracles are in our lives every day.

 I want to share with you all two scripture I love in the book of mormon from Isaiah in 2 Nephi 7: 2,4 I dont know why I love these scriptures so much they just spoke to me in a way really special. I verse to I felt like it was saying that the lord can demonstate his miracles if he wants to and sometimes we need to be the fish and feel a little uncomfortable and he will bring the water back to fulfill his natural purposes. Then we have verse 4 when we are tired and feel that we have nothing he will wake us up and he will help us hear and learn what we need to learn. He will never abandon us. I love you and and I pray for you all. Please pray for me and my investigators.

Elder Packham

He sent a couple pictures from the service project he mentioned:



No comments:

Post a Comment