Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Power of the Prophets

So this week we had changes and I am really happy with my new companion! Hes so funny and one of the first things that he did was tell me that we weren't just companions we are friends and the holy ghost is our senior companion. I have learned a lot from him and the lord. In the first day that we were together we street contacted more than I had my whole training. He has 14 months in the mission but whenever people ask him how much time he has in the mission he says a little time. Hes really humble and his story about getting out on the mission is amazing. Ohh shoot his name is Elder Jimenez hes from Tijuana!

The second day we were together it started to rain like it usually does here and we went to cross the street but I didn't see a pot hole and this car passed by and I was so wet! Almost 1 minute later a different car stops to talk to us and says were inactive right now but we want to reactivate and talk about the baptisms for our two kids! It was such a huge miracle right after the funny part of the day luckily the lord has a sense of humor. Also we have been asking for a bunch of references and its really paid of in ways that cant be expressed. I have made it my goal to help the barrio or the people in some way specific. I saw the look on my companions face when he said he felt like he hasn't changed anything in the area.

So we have finally got the conference edition of the Liahona! I have been study the talks and one has really hit me. Its the talk by Elder Clayton and I have seen an interesting interaction between belief, testimony. and faith that's been incredible. If we want to increase these things we need to act immediately. First we have to believe or desire to believe and receive an assurance and we must act and have faith. Then with that faith we must act on it and put our belief and faith in practice. With that faith we increase our testimony and really grow. After that we must share it and that's how we grow our faith its all an interrelated triangle.

I want to share with you all my testimony that I know that our savior lives and that the moments we feel we don't have hope are the moments we need to choose to believe. In those moments most difficult we can choose to give up on ourselves, on the lord, on the church or we choose to have faith and hope and work for a better day. Nothing good ever comes by us doing nothing it comes by us doing all that we can and having patience and hope in a future day.

Love,
Elder Packham

Elder Packham's District


Packham & Jimenez

No comments:

Post a Comment