Sunday, September 6, 2015

Jacob!

So this week I´ve been study jacob this book is so great! Also I´ve been thinking about my little bro jake and his birthday and Alex and his birthday! I want to send a shout out to them and wishing that there birthday is a great one! I have had a really interesting week this week and have been learning a lot about what is a real missionary and how we can really serve.
So I want to give you a little background about who Jacob is in the Book of Mormon and why I like him so much. Jacob is the younger brother of Nephi and he was born into a family that literally was always on the move. He had to endure many things in his life and still had an unshakeable faith. He founded his faith in christ and the scriptures. In this life there is so much knowledge and things that we can choose to learn but are we looking to learn the things that will really edify us and help us grow closer to our Father in Heaven?

In Jacob he writes as a missionary preaching to the people to help them accept the gospel. I want to invite you all to reread Jacob chapter 5 and think about what type of tree you are and why? Then I want to invite you to begin the process of nurturing your tree in a way so that you can bring forth good fruit.

The scripture I want to leave with you all this week is a really long one so you should spend a lot of time reading it and ponder your own personal applications.
Jacob  6:12
O be wise; what can I say more?

Okay so it isn't that long but it is super profound and if you ponder on it you will find answers to your questions.

This week we had the amazing opportunity to go to the temple open house here in mexico city with the ward and our investigators. We were a little nervous but in the end we had 7 investigators and 4 of these were brought by the ward! I want to tell you that the power of members really makes all the difference all the investigators that we have right now were thanks to members. Share your testimony with everyone! It doesn't matter how much you know share it with your heart and the spirit will testify to them of the truthfulness. We can not be closet Mormons we must stand strong and have firm roots in the word of god.

The first two fotos my companion and I at the temple
Second two my cover for PMG
Final 2 a bookmark I made read the scriptures and qoute if you need motivation

Love,
Elder Packham







No comments:

Post a Comment