Sunday, September 6, 2015

Who Are We

So this week I heard something that almost broke my heart.

We were talking to the Jehovah Witness and he was sharing his point of view on who he believes he is in relation to god. He said that he is nothing to God merely dust that He created and in order to give this creation a purpose He sacrificed His son. I was shocked and heart broken and as much as we testified of who we are and our part in the plan of our heavenly father he would not accept that he was more than nothing.

I want to bear to you all the most powerful witness that I can through this computer that I know who I am. I am a son of a loving heavenly father and thanks to that love he sent his son to die so that I might return to live with him. I know that because of that sacrifice I have the power to change every day and that I matter and am never alone. I know that he has a plan for me that I was with him before I came to this world and that I will be with him after I leave this world if I am obedient to that few things that he asks of me in return.

I was reading a book about the life of Joseph Smith (the Prophet of the Restoration) and he said that as we become ready to come to him (Christ) we learn that he is ready to come to us. And if we don't understand the nature of God that we wont be able to understand ourselves. As I bore my testimony to this man about who is he is to God I learned about how much I mean to the Lord. The scripture that I want to invite you all to study because it has made such a huge impact in my teaching this week and this month as we talk about the marvelous plan that God has for us is John 17:3 If you understand this scripture the views that you have will change. It doesn't matter if you are a member or not as we begin to understand these things we change. Another quote from Joseph Smith; We begin to change as our perspective changes.

Isaiah 43:3-7 As well is great study for what we mean to God.

This week we were able to see one miracle that was really interesting after a day where everything seemed to be against us we went on exchanges with some youth in our ward and ended up teaching some really spiritually packed lessons. I learned that we need to have our faith in god and trust that he will help things work out in there own time.

This week we got some sad news our investigator that we were hoping might be our next baptism told us that her parents said that if she gets baptized they wont have a daughter. She really needs a lot of prayers this week.

Share with me what you have learned and how you have applied it in your week love you!!!

Elder Packham

No comments:

Post a Comment