Sunday, September 6, 2015

Interesting week and changes(transfers)

So this week was changes everyone and the news is finally in! We are staying the same here in good ol culmena and that's great with me. We have found a bunch of people and we need to help them to see how they can progress for themselves. It has been really interesting learning how to teach here in the mission. All my life I have thought its been about giving the information to your audience in a way that they can understand. However I have learned that to really teach some one is to allow them to learn for themselves and merely act as a guide.

So this week in my study I have continued to read the Book of Mormon and also been studying repentance. I want to ask you what is one thing that you can give to god? Money? Time? Anything that He hasn't given you? The one thing that you have to give to him is YOUR will. That is the one truly unique thing that you can give to give.

“Perhaps the greatest discovery of my life, without question the greatest commitment, came when finally I had the confidence in God that I would loan or yield my agency to him— without compulsion or pressure, without any duress, as a single individual alone, by myself, no counterfeiting, nothing expected other than the privilege. In a sense, speaking figuratively, to take one’s agency, that precious gift which the scriptures make plain is essential to life itself, and say, ‘I will do as you direct,’ is afterward to learn that in so doing you possess it all the more”

The blessing that you receive from giving your all to our heavenly father out weighs the price beyond what we can imagine. I know that you will find the lord the more that you lose yourself the happiest times in my life have been when I have lost myself in the service of other people.

I know that some of you may think that you are to far from god to receive His love and help. I want to testify to you that this is a lie one of the greatest that Satan applies to us. We are never to far or to hidden or wicked to not receive the love of God. It may be through someone else it may be in your personal search but you will find Him!

I want to ask you how you could be an angel to someone this week?


https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/the-ministry-of-angels?lang=eng

I love you all and I want to tell you that God loves you. We all have hard weeks or hard days but there is one thing that doesn't change and that is Gods love for you. Thank you all for your birthday wishes!!

Love Elder Packham

Pictures:
When the iron decided to eat my pants..
My zone.. Its a little blurry sorry.




No comments:

Post a Comment