Sunday, October 11, 2015

A week of repentance and experience

So this week has been a really great week for us. The family that we have been teaching made it to church! They are so great! The father has been a member all his life and just has been a member in private almost the whole time. Eventually (last week) his wife decided to go to the temple and see a little bit about this church that her husband is in but doesn't assist to. Its amazing how they are so receptive to everything! They are really looking for answers. I want to tell you that it's so much easier to be an example in every moment then to try and play catch up like this brother. Its hard to change the habits of yourself let alone your whole family and that is now what they are trying to do together. If you guys could please pray for them Fam Chacon: Romeo, Josefina, Romea, Itza, and Aldo.

Alright so about the week of repentance. My companion and I have been studying about repentance and what it means to us personally, as missionaries, and for our investigators. What do you think about when you hear repentance? Is it something that you apply in your life ever day over and over? I have always thought about repentance as a process that's painful and necessary but its has always been just that. The thing that I have learned about repentance is that it isn't the reason for the pain its the reason for the freedom that we feel afterwards. If we aren't repenting, if we aren't changing, we aren't progressing. Do you want to progress? I want to progress! I want to be closer to God today than I was yesterday. I invite you all to read a talk by Elder D. Todd Christofferson

Ohh about the picture. We were so sick this week that we weren't able to do anything for part of the day so that was interesting haha.

I love you all.
Elder Packham


No comments:

Post a Comment