Sunday, October 11, 2015

I had a dream and I couldn't stop smiling!

I just want to start by saying that I'm so glad for everyone that has been praying for me and the lords investigators that I have the pleasure to teach in this area. So this week I have been studying the atonement and I have been amazed by the heart touching lessons that I have learned. It was really cool how it didn't hit me until I was in a lesson yesterday teaching about the ability that we have to change. 


So to start my story about this atonement experience I just want to preface that I have taught the lesson about the word of wisdom about 20 times. This time I learned more in one lesson than the other 19 in my mission. I was looking at the pamphlet in my hand and thinking about how hard it would be for this person to change and I couldn't help but see myself as well. I am weak I have so much that I would like to change and sometimes I feel that maybe its hopeless, discipleship isn't easy. 

There was a little square that said something that changed my thoughts forever. It reads, "Keep trying! As you apply the atonement in your life, the lord will help you, even if your progress seems slow." In that moment I knew that I could do it because someone else had already suffered like I had suffered. We are NEVER alone in this life. We like to think sometimes that we are doing things solo and that we have all the power but that isn't true.The spirit was amazing in this lesson.

About the title, so the title has to do with this lesson above. We were teaching and the investigator pause and said elders I want to tell you something. I have been praying about an answer and last night I had a dream about being submerged in the water. I couldn't stop smiling she said I will do everything that I need to do even if it takes time. 

I want to invite you all to read Mosiah 14 and think about everything that Christ has done for you. I also want you to ask yourself this question, I am who I want to be? What is my standing with god in this moment? 

I love you all and I want to bear my testimony to all of you that the power of prayer is real. I want to share with you that every time that we read the scriptures they can be new and refreshing for us. I know that we have the fullness of the gospel and that we have the prophet on the earth. I know that if we didn't have this priesthood that we would have the hope that we have now. 

Ohh and write me!!!

Elder Packham ðŸ’ªðŸ‘”



No comments:

Post a Comment