Thursday, October 22, 2015

10/12 & 10/19 Updates - Endure to the End and Divine Potential


10/19/15
So as missionaries something that we see a lot of is people that are still learning how to endure. To endure means many things but more than anything is that it doesn't matter what is going on they are going to stay firm. I have been spending more of my time pondering my studies and ways that I could make my studies better. So I want to share with you some of the scriptures of which I have been pondering in regards to this concept of enduring to the end.

First I want to share with you the story of the 2000 stripling warriors and there captain Helaman. Something that Helaman said has truly resonated in me about these 2000 youth. In the scripture he says that they are my sons but makes the comment about its because they are worthy to be called his sons. Its something that I think I have read a bunch of times but in this moment it really hit me. What am I doing so that I could be worthy to be called his son? We make choices every day but how many of those choices at least have the idea of showing him that we are his children. 

Second scripture is in 2 nephi 31: 14-20. Some things in these scriptures really stood out to me that I want to share with you. The first is 16 in this verse I couldn't help but be drawn back to chapter 38 in Alma when he is talking to his son Shiblon there is something that we all must do to keep growing closer to him. WE MUST STRIVE TO BE LIKE CHRIST. Its something that is so hard but so possible for us. I also was drawn to the story of the rich young ruler, what am I doing to leave all that I have to serve him what fault I today? 

Another of the scriptures that I fell in love with in the chapter was verse 2nefi 31:19 he asks a rhetorical question that struck me to the core, "Is all done?" I know for a fact that I might be here on the mission but I could do more. I want to invite you to think about what more you could do?
I had another talk this last Sunday and chose to talk about conversion and missionary work. I hope that you all are converted or are in the process of conversion and taking part in this great work.
I love you all so much,
Elder Packham
PS - Forgot my camera whoops next week!!

10/12/15 - Our Divine Potential & Invitation

I have been meditating a lot about the commandments and what they mean to me. I was reading today thinking about why we keep commandments. I couldn't help but think about a chapter that I had found this week its in proverbs 4: 1-13. 23-27 
 
That's just a few of the verses that stood out to me. As I read this chapter I couldn't help but think about my loving heavenly father feel as if he was talking to me directly. I want to share with you how much I love you and how I have a testimony that he love each and every one of you. I truly stand all amazed that he loves us enough to give us these protections. Something that I have learned as missionary is that each and every one of us must understand and find for ourselves the reasons for what we do. This week I have taught about the love of a mother about every lesson because I think it is those mothers that truly understand the love of the Savior. I know how many times my mother has given me a mothers commandment that I have disregarded or ignored and how always I end up saying that she knew what she was talking about. I will be trying to avoid that same response with my father in heaven I don't want to have to humbly kneel before him and say that I wish I would have listened.

Another scripture that I found that helped me to understand my divine potential and why heavenly father is asking me to do these things is in Psalms 100:3. 3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
It is god that has made us and who continues to make us every week of our lives. We didn't just happen to live, to breath and to die. We were made with a specific purpose and are here on earth to complete that purpose. 

I love you all and hope that you are studying and pondering the scriptures looking to learn not to just read. I can testify that you will find him in those words as you read them and that by finding him you can come to find yourselves. 

Elder Packham
Pictures


We didn't have lights in our house for 2 days
Its a custom here to smash faces in cakes on birthdays ( I was saved this year)

No comments:

Post a Comment