Sunday, October 11, 2015

General Conference

So what did you do during General Conference?? This week was an amazing revelatory week for me I learned so many things and I am so excited to learn more things about this gospel. We have been working to help our ward in any way that we can to improve the spirit of the ward and that has been interesting. We also had the opportunity to hear from our zone leaders and receive an exhilorating training. Then to finish this week we were able to hear from our beloved prophet and apostles. 


First I would like to touch on the amazing training that we had. I hope that those of you who saw conference will see how inspired this training was. We were talking about commandment and started by talking about how we feel as we keep the commandments. Do you enjoy keeping the commandments? Why do you keep the commandments? I want to tell you that got me thinking.. What is my attitude as I keep the commandments and do I really understand why I am keeping them.

There are many reasons that we can do the commandments but to keep the commandments in the way the lord wants can only be done through love. I want to love the commandments and profoundly understand why we have them. Something that I have been pondering is the story of the man that finds the treasure in the field and buys its. I cant help but wonder about the person that had owned the land before why hadn't he found it. I have come to the conclusion that its because he was tilling the ground superficially and wasn't really looking to fulfill his duty. How often do we work superficially and not see profoundly?

Secondly as our beloved prophet said so simply in the priesthood session of this general conference, Keep the Commandments. I love this message it was simple, bold, but requires so much of us. I know that we can do the commandments but to really keep them will ask of us our time our faith and our understanding. I want to invite you all to study the talks from this general conference and see the beautiful harmony that it has with our prophets of old.

I would like to encourage you all to study the talk from Elder Maynes and think about what your are willing to sacrifice for this gospel. Do you know that eternal life has more worth than any worldly thing that we can find here.

I love you and hope that you can all feel that as I write you.

Elder Packham

No comments:

Post a Comment