Sunday, May 31, 2015

Elder Bednar

May 18th

So yeah this was amazing we actually had a chance to have a meeting with a special witness of Christ in these latter days! We have been working on a lot of things this week and our companionship has been doing really well. We didn't get an opportunity to teach to many people but that's okay because we have received a lot of guidance on how to be better missionaries and better people.

To start I will talk about the training that we had in zone conference. It was amazing! We talked about living and teaching in the way that the Savior did. The Savior was able to teach so well because He was in perfect communion with Lord. We need to have the word in our heart we have to know what we are sharing but even more important we must feel it deep down in our hearts. It started my process of thinking as we prepared for our visit from Elder Bednar.

How do we study? do we just read? Do we look? Do we get engaged and search hard? I'm here to tell you that that isn't enough. I thought I was studying really hard and that I was doing alright but that wasn't enough. We have to invite a perfect teacher and someone that will lead you to what you really need to learn. I was studying but I was studying solo. The spirit is so much better to have as a study companion.

So what Elder Bednar talked about was personal revelation and how are we doing as we study and teach. Most of us will probably not get another chance to talk and learn in a little room like this again in our lives. We learned about what a witness of an apostle really is. He talked about how the Holy Ghost is really the perfect testimony face to face appearance of the savior will not benefit us as much as a testimony through a perfect teacher.

I would encourage you all to read Doctrine & Covenants 8 again and think about how big of a miracle it is to receive a witness through the spirit. And all my nonmember friends I would encourage you to look at the words of the Savior about the Holy Ghost and a witness through the Holy Ghost.
I love you all sorry I had technical difficulties I will write more next week and mom has a picture for this week.

Elder Packham

Elder Bednar with the Mexico City North Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment