Tuesday, May 12, 2015

He looks and sounds great!!!

I have decided to throw my own post into Michael...aka Elder Packham's blog.  We just had our first Skype session with Elder Packham and I can proudly say that it was a HUGE success!!!


There is probably nothing better as a missionary mom then seeing your missionary for the first time after they have left home.  I wanted to leap through the computer and squeeze his guts out!!!! haha  So here are a few things he shared:

  • He loves his companion
  • He loves his ward
  • He loves his investigators
  • He is walking a lot
  • He has lost some weight
  • His Spanish is coming along but he still wants us to pray for the gift of tongues - haha
  • All the walking is wearing out his shoes very quickly
  • They can only use the bathroom in their apartment
  • He loves the food 
  • He needs a tide pen
  • He loves his mission president
  • He loves the Book of Mormon and the power of prayer
It was AWESOME to hear him bear his testimony in Spanish!!!! I had no idea what he was saying but it brought tears to my eyes! It was filled with the spirit and it filled me with gratitude and love.

His testimony is growing by leaps and bounds and though I know that our testimony is constantly growing - I thought his was pretty darn amazing before he left!!!! He just radiates light and goodness. He loves the Lord with all his heart, mind and soul!  IT. IS. AWESOME.


No comments:

Post a Comment