Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Seeing My Eternal Family!!!!!!!!

So Ladies and Gentlemen we have pictures this week I hope you all enjoy them! I had to plead with someone for this computer for a chance to send them so y'all better think they are the bomb.com. One is of me when we cleansed our house of all the garbage from the past with a bag from the presidents wife that was gigantic! Another is my trainer and I with Elder Jones our zone leader and Elder Candilario (i spelled that wrong) an assistant for a personal training that we had.

Well the high light of the week is probably something you might have guessed from my title. I got to call my family for the first time! It went by so fast but I got to share so much of my mission with them I'm just sad that you all couldn't listen in. I was in the bishops house and used his laptop and the connection was pretty good only had one hichup.

We have seen amazing miracles in our ward.

So I will share the coolest thing about the about this week missionary wise! We had a missionary come home from his full two year mission and the first thing he does is have a family home evening. Here everyone practically lives in apartments cause there are so many people. So the mom invited everyone in the building and the surrounding building to and ohh man was that great. It was packed with people! We gave a short lesson, had an activity, and before having the food we had received 8 references for people that want a little more happiness in there lives! We talked to all of them in 24 hours because that was our goal and we also wanted to help people remember why.

Also we have been going through our area book for people that have been interested in the past but haven't progressed and what not. We have found some people that are now genuinely interested in changing! The Lord really prepares people for us to teach.

Alright my spiritual thought for this week. The difference between happiness and joy is one of few words but great sentiment. I have been learning that a lot of the mission as I see these families that have everything spiritual and are rich in these things. I know that its possible to buy happiness. Let me clarify I know that its possible to buy temporary happiness. If you want true happiness the joy of the gospel there is only one place to find it and that is with Christ. I know that He is the well that we all must draw from in our darkest days. I know He will provide for us forever he is the well that will never run dry in our lives.

My scripture for today is DC 42: 49 - 53. I love these scriptures because they talk about faith and belief and the power of these things. I know that with Christ everything is possible and I know that he will help up overcome our trials. Sometimes we feel weak and lame but like it says in verse 51 we will be able to leap over our obstacles. Verse 53 is for families we all have our roles if we perform them with Christ we will be a boon and help for our family.

Love,
Elder Packham

The scripture that Elder Packham reference:
Doctrine & Covenants 42: 49-53
 49 He who hath faith to see shall see.
 50 He who hath faith to hear shall hear.
 51 The lame who hath faith to leap shall leap.
 52 And they who have not faith to do these things, but believe in me, have power to become my sons; and inasmuch as they break not my laws thou shalt bear their infirmities.
 53 Thou shalt stand in the place of thy stewardship.

Here are some pictures that Elder Packham shared:




No comments:

Post a Comment