Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My testimony about the power of women in this world and in the home


Must have missed posting this one....  Junta de Zona

This week has been an interesting one! We had a personal visit from the zone leaders to see how my progress is going and to check on our companionship. I learned so much from these two young men it was really incredible. They made me feel like I was a great missionary even though I recognize I have many weakness´s and difficulties.

Well I don't know if you all have heard this or not but in 2 weeks we will be having the pleasure of hearing from Elder Bednar the 16th of may and it is a mystery to everyone why he is coming. I can not wait to hear specific instruction from this inspired servant of the lord for our mission. We have been studying a lot of his talks especially, "the answer is the doctrine" and it has changed the way that I read everything in my mission. I have started to look for the doctrine, the simple foundational, eternal truths, set out for our eternal progression. I know that we have the truth and fullness in the gospel because everyday I look and find the harmony of a gospel that has and will be foundationally the same forever.

So I have taken a whole bunch of pictures that I am so excited to share with you all!! Another day because I am on a really bad computer for that today :( I know its sad and I apologize. My companion and I like to have fun in between study and after planning at night that's all I will say about the pictures.

A spiritual experience this week. We have been working with this couple for the longest time and for about a week I have been wanting to asked each one specifically if they are ready for baptism. I know that the wife has a genuine desire for the truth and I have thought that she has received an answer. I asked her and she looked at her husband and I could see she wanted to and that he just needed to say yes and he did! The husband has some things that he wants to work on before he commits but I think that he will be following the example of his wife.

I want to share my testimony about the power of women in this world and in the home. In this world there is a big push for equality and I am all for that I know that the lord does not want anyone to feel that they are being deprived of any of there god given free agency. However there are things that inherently we don't have the capacity to do. I recognize the power of a strong women in the home and the power that they have. I remember one time in my life when I wanted to stop going to church and no one was going to change my mind. My mother had another idea she shared scripture and testimony stronger than any discipline I could have received. I know that women have a greater capacity for many things. When I think of the true spiritual leader of the home it is always the mother she is the power direction to the family. This Mothers Day I want to invite you all to think about a special moment with your mothers and share that with them. I know that they will love it appreciate these spiritual giants we have in our lives.

I love you all and I know that the lord will demonstrate the small but powerful miracles in your life if you are looking with your spiritual eyes.
DC 43: 49-52

Love,
Elder Packham
  SILLY PHOTOS OF MICHAEL & MOM



Counting the days till that Christmas Skype Call!!!  Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment