Friday, March 20, 2015

The time in the CCM has flown by...

March 12th

Well folks the time in the CCM has flown by I feel like I just got here. I have changed so much in just 6 weeks and that's in this nice little sheltered environment I cant wait to see what happens when I actually get out there. I met all latinos that are going to my mission this last week. They don't understand me but I hear from other latinos that work here that I speak really good Spanish so I'm confused but ohh well. I brought my journal today for the express purpose of sharing EVERYTHING about this week but we will see if that will actually happen.

I learned a lot this week from the missionaries in my zone actually. They all have such incredible and different stories about why they were out here and what has shaped there testimonies. One elder shared how his dad taught him about the repentance process by pleading with him through tears after his fought with his brother to seek forgiveness from the lord. Another elder has seen the power of missionary work in his own life through his mother a convert, she had to risk losing her whole family for what she knew was true. I love my district they might be a little rambunctious sometimes but when they share the spirit its amazing.

My companion has been sick most of this week with strep so I had to go on a couple splits to cover our teaching appointments. You learn a lot about how the spirit prepares you when you have to just be lead by it. There's one elder who really struggles with the language like me but when he opens his scriptures he finds such a strong verse.

So just yesterday my companion was feeling better and so he came back to class but another companionship was down with the bug. This other companionship was supposed to teach so we had to give lesson with 5 minutes notice and the teachers boss's boss was sitting in, it was a little nerve racking goodness haha. So my companion and I had taught together in like a week so it was a little rough but we were still able to share the essentials to the investigator.

Then later on that day we had TRC which is where volunteers from all these different backgrounds come in and help us practice our awful Spanish. Both our people were converts and they had amazing stories! We were supposed to talk about revelation through church attendance but the one hermana has been a member for 3 years and already works in a stake calling and is at church every day for at least like 2 hours, shes retired and just gives it all to the church. It was really special we shared with her our testimonies about how we both found the importance of church and then 3 nephi 18:12-13 about building on a sure foundation of the church. My goodness could you feel the spirit and then my companion shares Helaman 5:12 and I was like rocking in my seat as we talk about how bad the world my be if we find the lord we will be able to do all things.

We also got to hear a live broadcast from Elder Quinton L Cook at the Provo mtc. One of the biggest things that I drew from that lesson is that if we have more faith then we will have more success in what ever we do that is in harmony with the lords plan. I would encourage all you members to really dig into section 11 of the doctrine and covenants. I just started reading it through chronologically and the treasures there are priceless.

I have a firm testimony in missionary work I know that it makes a huge difference in peoples lives no matter what capacity we are called to. The truthfulness of this gospel can not be denied you will receive that confirmation. Please if you need strengthened meet with the missionaries in your area they would love to help you from the most genuine place in there heart.

With all my love,
Elder Packham

No comments:

Post a Comment