Sunday, March 15, 2015

Week one in the CCM: I'm the crazy one

Okay I'm in the mtc... in a district of all guys and Im the crazy obedient one! I think that they tolerate me haha. I really love the mtc even if Im the crazy one. I mean I am busy 24/7 and its amazing. I feel the spirit so often when Im here. I know that on a mission thats not always the case so Im trying to take advantage of it. Ohh so I go to an only Spanish sacrament and every sunday you have to prepare a talk in Spanish just in case you get called on! haha I mean I feel the spirit but when you your waiting for them to announce who's talking next your gut tightens a bit, especially cause Im not the best at Spanish.

We started teaching our first investigator the second day that we were here only in Spanish. I mean I led the lesson with talking but it really wasnt me. The gift of tounges is real! So when they say that your time in the mtc is like trying to drink from a fire hose, they are totally right! haha The food here is not the same as what they get in the provo mtc but Im not pickey and its still pretty great. ohh so we committed our investigator to baptism the other day I mean it wasnt the first lesson but it was after we explained the restoration so I think that it still counts!me? We got to got the temple today but it was just the vistor center cause they were working on the temple. 

Did you know that mexico city is sinking? I sure didnt haha

Ohh I wish I would have brought my usb cord with me! This place is so beautiful I mean they have palm trees every where and the grass is manicured and its really just awesome.They call it the land bountiful because we are in this walled off city (almost) but thats okay we still have a ton of fun. I mean sometimes mis companermismos - my district gets a little crazy but they are all great guys and I love em.

My first companion is an Elder Blake Knighton from Arizona and he will be headed to the same mission that I am going to. As far as I know it will just be him and I heading to mexico at that time. That will be different. I always thought that missionaries came in groups to an area but thats okay. Its wierd thinking that I have not even 5 more weeks here :O Then I get to go out and try and teach in Spanish. Everything here at the mtc is so cheap I mean the church gives us a hundred pesos a week here and I am not even close to spending it all- thanks to all the stuff that I already brought with me.

I guess I will bear my testimony I dont what else to say. I only had 3 emails this week so ya'll should write me. Or you can send a letter through a site called dear elder.com I believe they actually deliver it in the mail and its really cool.

I know that this gospel is true and that I have been called out here for a reason. I know that god is our loving heavenly father and that he wants to be happy thats why he provided a way for us to return to him again. I know that the atonement is real because I have seen it work in my own life and in the life of everyone in my district. Please, I invite you all to read the book of mormon if you arent already. So many answers and comfort are in this book waiting for you. I know that joseph smith was a prophet of god and that he translated the book of mormon through the power of god. en el nombre de jesucristo amen.

Sincerely, 
Elder Packham

No comments:

Post a Comment