Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week Two - with pictures!

Hey everyone so this is the second week in the mtc and its been incredible! So today for preparation day guess what we got to do? Visas!!! So I didn't get back until like right now so needless to say that it was a long day. But since we were waiting so long for passport so we can get our visas a few of us went out street contacting. With our horrible Spanish we contacted into three different people it was really amazing.
Ohh so that talk I was dreading guess who got called this week? That's right it was this guy! Ironically it was on repentance so you could say that I knew a little about what it takes. Ohh and then we got to hear an amazing talk about how we need to turn our attentions out ward like the savior. It was really amazing.
Monday to now was kind of a blur just a lot of activity trying to learn a language and a lesson. Ohh started lessons with a new investigator and its been incredible you can really feel the spirit when we teach her. Shes had a pretty hard life so I cant wait to share the incredible gift that is the gospel fully with her. After our lesson with her yesterday we had to go to the infermeria cause my companion was sick. I spent ten hours in the room studying and listening to my church music while he sleep. So I am sending a few pictures this week.
One is of the outside of the mtc we live in like a walled off city block with barbwire at the top of the walls. Then we have one of the view of the comida when we eat outside the palm trees are very different from back home. Ohh and one of them is of my district they are all great guys really just here for some different reasons. Ohh and that one is of my companion he is from Gilbert Arizona and he is a little older here.
I still get a lot of comments about my age here at the ccm. I mean I don't think they mean it in a bad way its just something that people say. I also get told I'm like a dad in my district and I always freak em out with the stuff that I know in the scriptures. I think I'm more impressed than they are haha.
Ohh we saw a video about john tanner and everything he gave to the church because of his faith and how he was all about the law of consecration. It really motivated me to read up on what it takes to be a consecrated missionary. I know that if you leave it all at the alter of sacrifice that the lord will reward your service maybe not in any time frame that we can understand but in his time.
In Luke 18 it talks about what it really means to leave it all behind to serve the lord. Its the saviors response to peter after he talks about the difference between him and the rich man it was really touching as well.
I love you guys and to everyone that wrote me using missionarymx or dear elder a special big thanks! I have way more emails this week thanks guys :) I guess I will just leave a short testimony that the lord knows each of us personally and loves us despite our faults and mistakes. He wants to be with us again and I know that he has provided a way for us to do that. I know that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and allows us learn more about his character. I love you all!
Elder Packham
Elder Packham's District

Sign for the MTC......Note: CCM - it took me a while to figure out that that is Centro De Capacitacion Missional

Grounds of the CCM

Elder Michael Packham & his companion Blake Knighton

No comments:

Post a Comment